Innovative healthcare solutions increasingly rely on combined products from pharma and medtech companies.
MPP defines combined products as the intersection of any devices or diagnostics with drugs (including biologics) for medical purpose.
- Drug and device as integral (but not reusable) product classified as a drug
- Device and drug as integral product where the action of the drug is ancillary
- Device and human blood-derived substance (ancillary) as integral product
- Device combined with an Advanced Therapy Medicinal Product (ATMP)
- Companion diagnostics (CDx) used with drug
- Combined use of e-/m-health products with drugs