Who we are
The Medtech & Pharma Platform (MPP) is an international industry association enhancing the synergies between medtech and pharmaceutical companies. MPP provides a forum for both industries to exchange knowledge and to collaborate in technology and regulatory areas.
Whilst the MPP Association has a global vision the initial focus of its activities is at European level. By engaging in political dialogue, MPP helps shape a proportionate regulatory framework for combined products in Europe, with an ultimate goal to reduce time to market, improve access to innovative products and better match patients' needs.
The Medtech & Pharma Platform is a not-for-profit association in accordance with Articles 60 et seq. of the Swiss Civil Code.
The MPP Association is registered in the EU Transparency register, ID 234427831877-10.
The MPP Association is governed by its General Assembly and the Board of Directors, composed of industry representatives. The secretariat carries out the daily activities of the MPP association.
Shayesteh Fürst-Ladani (President)
- CEO and founder of SFL Group of Companies.
- Before founding SFL Group, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs in various biotech and major pharmaceutical companies
- Longstanding experience in formulating global regulatory strategy for drugs, orphan drugs, drug & device combination products, borderline products, medical devices, in vitro diagnostics (IVDs) and advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs).
- Chaired for 3 years during the MDR legislative process the combination Products Working Group in EuropaBio (European biotech trade association)
- Chaired working groups for drug&device combination products at DIA and SwAPP.
- Author of various publications regarding combination products, author of a book chapter about EU & US combination products published by Elsevier
- Frequently invited speaker at international conferences.
- Special Coach for regulatory and clinical strategy for Innosuisse (the Swiss Innovation Agency)
- Professor for Regulatory Affairs at George Washington University and Lecture for combination products & Devices at IFAPP/Kings College.
- Managing Director, SwissMedtech (Association of the Swiss medtech industry)
- Degree in Chemistry and environmental sciences
- Longstanding experience in Environmental monitoring
- Management consulting in industries such as machining, micro-technology and microelectronics
- Managing Director of Medical Cluster since 2006
- Managing Director of Swiss Medtech since 2017
- Founder of an own company and founder of several not for profit organizations
- Head Device Development & Commercialization in GDD (Global Drug Development) at Novartis AG in Basel, Switzerland
- Prior to this, he held the position Head of Global Compliance & Audit for Devices and Combination Products overseeing all Alcon, Pharma, and Sandoz sites producing this type of products and Global QA Head of Technical Research and Development at Novartis Pharma starting in February 2011.
- Prior to this position he was Senior VP of Quality Management & Regulatory Affairs, at Ypsomed.
- Previously, he was responsible for Quality Assurance Management at Sanofi-Aventis for the Frankfurt Injectables site.
- Before then, being based in Kansas City/ US, he had a global responsibility for Quality and Regulatory for one of the Aventis Blockbuster products. Prior to that, he held several positions in QA and QC.
- By training he is pharmacist and holds a doctorate in pharmaceutical analytics and statistics by the University of Würzburg/ Germany.
- Head of Quality System + Regulatory Affairs at Ypsomed AG in Burgdorf. Responsible for Management system, Audits and Inspections, Regulatory Affairs
- Studies at the University of Applied Sciences in Burgdorf, Switzerland with a degree as dipl. Chemist FH, BS
- Further education as Quality- and Process manager, Lead auditor and in Regulatory Affairs
- 10 years in Food, Drug and Biotech industries in different QC/QA/QM and Production functions
- 17 years in medical device industry (drug delivery devices) in Quality Management and Regulatory Affairs
- Work as a member of SNV NK 410 / ISO TC 210 (Quality management medical devices), ISO TC 84 (WG Device change management) and PDA IG Combination products on actual standards and guidance documents.